Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter 2013

     I finally got to get away to Target alone yesterday morning. I had not bought my boys anything for their Easter baskets. So I finally was able to get away and shop. I knew I wanted to buy the boys swimsuits and beach towels (I am so looking forward to summer this year). I also wanted to grab a little candy for them.

      It was while I was in the holiday section that I got this feeling of Sterling. I can't explain it other than to say there are moments when I am somewhere I had been so often with him that I will have a flash of a memory of him and I there. I felt him so strongly in that moment. As I looked up I saw a lone little sippy cup sitting on the shelf. In that instant I knew.

     One of the last times I was at Target with Sterling he had seen some holiday sippy cups. He wanted them. So I of course bought some. He didn't like sippy cups though, he would only drink from a bottle. But he liked playing with that special cup. I kept telling him if he would drink from it I would buy more. He would just smile at me and take his bottle. Just writing this memory is making me smile, he was such a cute little stinker. I miss him so very much.

     Anyway. I called the PICU and asked if there were any little boys there aged 13 months to two years. There was a little 15 month old boy. So I asked if I could buy him a little Easter basket from Sterling. I could! So I added a little Mickey Mouse lovey (Sterling loved his lovies). And then I found a little giraffe spinning/popping ball toy (Sterling's favorite was his Sophie giraffe). I put it all together and drove over to the hospital and dropped it off.

     I never saw the little boy who got Sterling's gifts. I don't need to. I just so miss buying for Sterling. I know this will be something I do from time to time now. I hope the little boy enjoyed the gifts. I know Sterling lead me to do it. It helped make this holiday a little more enjoyable. Thank you sweet boy. Always and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment