Monday, October 7, 2013

Capture your Giref: Day 2 Identity

      Sterling Isaac is my son's name. He is my fifth son and I had a hard time finding the perfect name for him. Sterling was a name I had contemplated using for his older brother. I am so grateful I didn't because it really fit his personality well. Finding a middle name was much harder and I prayed often over what middle name my son should have. During one of these moments with Sterling in my arms the name Isaac came to me. As I looked down and my perfect baby sleeping in my arms I whispered "Sterling Isaac" and knew that was his name.

     Sterling means "of the highest quality" and Isaac is "one who laughs." I never really looked up the meaning of either until after Sterling died. I remember a friend emailing me and telling me how perfect his name was for him because he had the biggest, brightest smile and was such a happy baby. She was right. Sterling smiled often and feely and everyone, especially if he was in my arms. The world was always a great place from Mom's arms.

     Sterling had the biggest brown eyes that would just draw anyone and everyone in. People gravitated to him and would comment on his eyes and his smile. He was so loved by his siblings and he knew it. He would just make a little "ugh" sound and they would come running with "what do you need Bubba?!" and Sterling would smile and giggle. It was always such a treat for me to watch my children dote on him. Sterling made me fall in love with each one of my children all over again each time I watched the love and care between them.

     Sterling was chunky and funny and happy and amazing. He was the perfect baby of the family. Very Zen in nature. He was happy as long as Mommy was holding him or nearby while he explored his world. He rarely fussed unless he didn't feel well or if he was hungry or needed to be changed. Sterling was and will always be, Love.   

No comments:

Post a Comment