Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sterling is already educating others

     Last night I spoke with a friend. Her son ten months older than Sterling. He had a cough for a week and last night he threw up. Immediately when I hear these things I think of Sterling. Sterling had been under the weather but nothing serious(so we thought). The idea is kids get sick, kids have coughs, kids are so resilient. Sterling has opened my eyes to the scary truth that children die everyday. Sometimes we get answers and sometimes we don't.

     Back to my friend.She said she was taking him in first thing. I asked her to please have the doctor order a chest x-ray as I often wonder if any doctor had looked at Sterling's heart sooner would they have seen how enlarged it was? So I just got the message that her son has pneumonia. The doctor had thought her son just had a cold. She asked for a chest x-ray. Her son has pneumonia. Now he is on medication that will help him, he is being monitored by his doctor. I think we all know pneumonia is much more serious than a cold.

     Today I am choosing to see this as a gift from Sterling. In the beginning I hated these stories because it made me ask why that person gets the miracle and we didn't. But today I look at Sterling and I know he will make a difference. Today I know that not everyone gets the miracle they pray for but that the miracles are still there if we just open our eyes and hearts to see them. And THAT is the miracle we called Sterling. Loving you always, missing you forever sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment